Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

"It is an honor to share this moment with you"

"It is an honor to share this moment with you." These are the words I heard fall out of a man supposedly in his late twenties... he quite calmly said this quote to another man also around the same age, while the two were thoughtfully enjoying the astounding view from the top floor of the legendary Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. I obviously had to evoke meaning from this beautiful phrase that I honestly simply heard, not eavesdropped! The quote touched my heart; it touched different corners of it that haven't been touched before for a long time. I wish I could say that quote to someone with 100 percent meaning because the quote is so powerful. Why so powerful? Because the view from the Eiffel Tower and the Eiffel Tower itself left me awestruck. It bothers me to see self-centered qualities in copious amounts of people I meet; however, the quote taught me a lesson, a moral that a quote sparkled with generosity leaves back a longer, stronger memory than a quote cursed with evil anger and selfishness. For instance, if the man was talking trash to his companion, i would have easily forgotten the bad words/trash. Nevertheless, I still remember the quote "It is an honor to share this moment with you." I also learned that happiness not only comes from oneself; it also comes from the people you share a loving, personal relationship with. One must be selfless enough to appreciate that the presence of a particular person/people makes them feel as if they are on cloud nine.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Link With In

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...